All goods in Pio are stored in standardized, specially designed plastic containers called bins.
Bins are stacked on top of each other inside the grid. In order for Pio system to work properly it is extremely important to pack bins correctly. Incorrectly packed bins cause majority of the problems with the Pio system.
Consequences of wrongly packed bins:
- Wrongly packed bins can stop the Pio system from functioning properly
- When bins are packed incorrectly, you cannot pick or store any items until the issue is fixed
- Fixing incorrectly packed bins is time-consuming and can disrupt warehouse operations
The following video will show you how to pack bins correctly. Watch the video first, then read more details below.
Topics covered in this article
Maximum load of the bin is 30 kg.
Filling the bin
Do not overfill the bin! Fill the bin only until the marked line.
When filling the bin, make sure that:
nothing comes out of the bin:
- nothing covers pickup holes and there are no other hurdles:
Inflatable items and items in plastic bags
Pay extra attention to inflatable items or items packed in plastic bags (for example clothes packed in plastic bags)
Do not press inflatable items when packing. Leave some room when packing inflatable items/bags. It's always better to have fewer items in the bin than too many.
If you sell wholesale items sold in boxes make sure that the boxes are sealed
Make sure boxes won't open in the bin
Oversized items must be stored on shelves. Read how to store oversized items in Pio app here: How to store oversized items
- Use bin dividers to store different SKUs in the same bin
- Creating and using multiple compartments will maximise storage space in Pio
Read more about optimizing bin's storage space here: How to optimize storage capacity in bins